Learning requires lots of energy and sometimes children need a little something between meals to keep them going.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we offer a mid-morning snack to children in KS2 (Yrs 3, 4, 5 & 6). These are freshly made in our own kitchen and cost 50p.
On Monday’s it is Cheese Scones
On Wednesday’s it is Cheese Straws
On Friday’s it is Pizza Whirls
If your child would like to purchase a snack on one of these days please ensure they have 50p in their pocket to give to the Mid-morning Munch sales person.
Alternatively… KS2 children are permitted to bring to school a healthy mid-morning snack.
Examples of healthy snacks are…
- Fruit or fresh fruit salad
- Dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots, prunes etc)
- Dried fruit, nut and seed mix (for children over 5 with no history of nut/seed allergy)
- 100% fruit bar
- Vegetable sticks (carrot, cucumber, peppers) with a plain yoghurt dip
- A yoghurt or fromage frais (avoiding those with a high added sugar content)
- Home-made muffin, scone, cookie or flapjack
- Rice cakes
- A slice of cheese