Learning requires lots of energy and sometimes children need a little something between meals to keep them going.
Early Years and KS1 children are provided with a free healthy snack mid-morning.
KS2 children are permitted to bring to school a healthy mid-morning snack.
Examples of healthy snacks are…
- Fruit or fresh fruit salad
- Dried fruit (raisins, dates, apricots, prunes etc)
- 100% fruit bar
- Vegetable sticks (carrot, cucumber, peppers) with a plain yoghurt dip
- A yoghurt or fromage frais (avoiding those with a high added sugar content)
- Home-made muffin, scone, cookie or flapjack
- Rice cakes
- A slice of cheese
Delicious Snack Recipes
If you have any healthy snack recipes that you would like to share please e-mail them to us.