Message from Mrs Daly
Dear Parents and Carers
Just one week to go until the Easter holidays – and what a fun week it’s set to be! With a bake sale on Tuesday and an Easter Egg Hunt on Friday, there’s plenty of joy to be had before we finally pack our bags for the break.
Of course, this time of year is also a good time to reflect. On Wednesday, we’ll be inviting your children to dress in yellow and blue to show our solidarity for the ongoing crisis impacting Ukrainian families. In addition, on Thursday we will join in a full school assembly to think about the meaning of Easter.
But that’s all for next week! The past week or so has seen an amazing show of craftsmanship, creativity and commitment across the school.
Last Friday, we welcomed the parents/carers of F2 and F1 to join their children in a Mother’s Day celebration, which had most of us in happy tears! A heartfelt thank you to the EYFS team for organising it and to all the special ladies who attended – we look forward to many more such events across all year groups in the days and months ahead.
Years 3, 5 and 6 also attended ‘Experience Easter’ sessions at St John’s Church, where the children participated in lots of thoughtful and creative activities. It’s been a big sporting week too, where no less than 32 children travelled by coach to the Royal Hospital School to participate in the School Games’ Cross Country event.
Despite chilly conditions, strong competition from local schools and a tough course, every single one of our children completed it: we are so proud of them!
Finally, the predicted snow landed exactly on cue over breaktime on Thursday. What better excuse to go outside and play – you can see the expressions of joy in this week’s pictures.
For now, here’s to a great week ahead and I wish you and your families a lovely weekend.
Mrs K Daly
Activities next week
We are excited to let you know about the following activities planned for next week…
- Tuesday 5th April – Easter Treat Sale. Calling all bakers! You should find a paper plate in your child’s bag tonight. We would love you and your children to fill it with an Easter treat to be sold to the children at break on Tuesday (no nuts please). Or, please do show your support by sending your child into school on Tuesday with a little money – all bakes will be priced at 25p or 50p (the right money would be much appreciated if possible – thank you!)
If we have anything left over, then we’ll sell the goodies after school too.
- Wednesday 6th April – optional non-uniform day. Dress in blue and yellow to show support for Ukraine. Blue/yellow touches (e.g. hairbands or socks) or full yellow-blue outfits are most welcome. Voluntary donation £1 with all funds going towards the Save The Children Ukraine Crisis appeal.
- Thursday 7th April – Full school Easter Assembly in the hall.
- Friday 8th April – Easter singing assembly followed by the traditional Easter Egg hunt. The teachers will swap chocolate mini eggs or Starburst sweets in return for card discs hidden around the school grounds. Extra excitement for finding the gold discs, which can be exchanged for creme eggs! Your child may wish to bring a small bag/basket for their goodies if they wish to.
Multi-Sports (Y4 and Y2), Netball and Football will all run next week. We have sent out fresh sign-up forms for the summer term so please complete these by Monday 4th April. The full schedule will be confirmed in next week’s newsletter.
New tennis courses
Jon Mansfield is running some new tennis courses at Woodbridge after the Easter holidays. The courses represent great value for money, and offer the perfect introduction into playing tennis. Visit the Woodbridge Tennis Club page for details.
Forest School fun days
Our Forest School Leader Suzanne Strand will be running her Forest Fun Days during the school holidays again this year. These take place at a beautiful local nature reserve.
For dates, information and how to book please click here.
Funded full day holiday sessions – School’s Out
School’s Out are providing all parents currently in receipt of Benefit Related Free School Meals up to 4 days of bookable activities (worth £140) this Easter to eligible families. Places are limited and going quickly, however, there are still some sessions available for various camps and venues. If interested, please download this flyer, scan the QR code on this poster, create an account, and start the booking process.
At checkout, look out for either the ‘Free School Meals Funding‘ or ‘County Council Funded‘ payment method in the drop-down menu. Suffolk County Council will then organise the funding.
Please note that you may have to be flexible with the venues and activity sessions to find eligible sessions. Any questions, please get in touch with email@example.com
The Boyce family, who drew the winning family ticket to The Easter Country Show at the Henham Estate! Find more information about this fun family event here. Thanks to all who entered!
Vaccination UK survey request
If your child took the flu vaccine last year, then the Vaccination UK team would really appreciate your feedback to improve their ongoing delivery to families around the area. You can find their survey here.
Donations for Ukrainian family
Thank you so much for your generous donations. If you would still like to donate some items to help Siobhan Blyth (Lily Bailey’s mum) in setting up a home for a Ukrainian family, then please pop any of the listed items below into the box outside the office.
For Davyd (aged 10)
- Spring/Summer clothes
- PS3 games ( someone kindly donated a PlayStation!)
- Board games
For Sofiia (aged 17) size 8-10
- Spring/Summer clothes
- Light jacket/hoodies
- Hair scrunchies/headbands
- Any nice accessoriesA
For both children – any nice ornaments or lamps etc to make it feel homely would be great!
Name our Boat competition
Just a reminder that we’d love to see your names/logos for the boat that’s due to set sail in F2 after Easter! Please visit the website for full details.
As of Friday 1st April, we have a total 6 positive cases of COVID-19 across the school, all children. We are waiting on guidance from the Local Authority regarding the new guidance around testing, and will update you next week. In the meantime, please call the office regarding any questions you have.