Last week, the parents/carers of our Early Years children in F1 & F2 joined the us for a ‘Stay & Play’ session to celebrate Chinese New Year. There were so many activities to choose from and the children loved showing their adults around the different stations. Activities included:-
- Food tasting.
- Making Chinese lanterns.
- Chinese New Year ‘Scavenger Hunt’.
- Using chopsticks to move noodles from one bowl to another.
- Recreating Chinese numerals using paint on glass.
- Threading beads to create dragons.
- Making Chinese money wallets.
- Making banners using Chinese pictures and symbols.
- Identifying China on a map.
- Working out the childrens’ Chinese animal year of birth.
After the adults left, the children watched a video explaining all about Chinese New Year and how the animal years were created.