If your child shows coronavirus symptoms in the period after we break up for the Christmas Holidays, please follow these procedures:-
19th & 20th December – please contact our school phone on 07516 436197
From 21st December onwards – please use the NHS Test and Trace website here. If they ask you to let the school know, please use the telephone number 07516 436197.
Please follow this advice on Christmas Bubbles.
Children who display any of these symptoms…
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than one hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
…will be able to return to school after they have had a negative coronavirus test and when they feel better.
The current government guidance on self isolation as a result of a household member displaying symptoms can be seen here.
If children are experiencing common cold symptoms (such as runny nose or blocked nose and/or sore throat) and DO NOT have any of the above COVID-19 symptoms* they will not be excluded from school and may continue to attend school providing they are feeling well enough to do so. We will not request that the child has a COVID-19 test before returning to school.
*they should also not fall into either of the following categories:-
- a household member has COVID-19 symptoms or has had a positive test result in the last 14 days
- the child has been identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 case through NHS Test and Trace.