Children who display any of these symptoms…
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than one hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
…will be able to return to school after they have had a negative coronavirus test and when they feel better.
The current government guidance on self isolation as a result of a household member displaying symptoms can be seen here.
If children are experiencing common cold symptoms (such as runny nose or blocked nose and/or sore throat) and DO NOT have any of the above COVID-19 symptoms* they will not be excluded from school and may continue to attend school providing they are feeling well enough to do so. We will not request that the child has a COVID-19 test before returning to school.
*they should also not fall into either of the following categories:-
- a household member has COVID-19 symptoms or has had a positive test result in the last 14 days
- the child has been identified as a close contact of a COVID-19 case through NHS Test and Trace.